At St Mary’s Catholic Primary School Concord, we empower students to feel confident and comfortable to share their voices knowing their knowledge and contributions are valued. Students play a large role in the decisions which impact their learning and school.
Students are provided with various opportunities to become leaders in our school as:
- School Captains who are responsible for representing the entire school community at internal and external events.
- Ideas Captains that work collaboratively with other students and teachers to put forward ideas to improve the school with the focus of sustainability, religious outreach/charity fundraising and school based initiatives.
- Sports Captains which work as part of a team in leading their colour house in sporting carnivals and events. They are encouraging and determined to do their best.
- Student Representative Council (SRC) who is responsible for representing their grade in presenting ideas from students to support our school and community.
- Year 6 Students are all considered school leaders. These students are a buddies to kindergarten students and have responsibilities throughout the school to exercise student leadership. They are all given a student leadership badge at the beginning of the year.